Saturday, June 10, 2006

Zarqawi Killed

I don't know why this isn't bigger in the news, but apparently a US airstrike killed Abu Musa'ab al-Zarqawi earlier this week. Here are some links:
link 1
link 2
This is huge news. Zarqawi was probably second only to Bin-Laden on the US most wanted terrorists list. He was in charge of al Qaida in Iraq and hopefully his death will mean a quicker victory against that group. There are probably only a dozen or so people in the world whose death would have the potential to change events so greatly as Zarqawi's.

3 comments:

RJ said...

It was big news the day it happened. Now the big news is whether or not his followers are going to succeed in reprisal attacks or not. You'd know it was big news if you were plugged into the world instead of off honeymooning. :) Wait...why are you blogging on your honeymoon?!?

Justin said...

I challenge you to name the 12 "most influential if dead people" in the world. I'm interested. I hope your list includes Brad and Angelina's baby, because these two middle aged ladies I saw at the Supermarket buying "People" or something would be devestated.

Justin said...

Where's my list?!