Saturday, February 04, 2006

Blowing Stuff Up

Does this sound familiar? I can't imagine a full scale invasion of Iran -- I can't imagine the cost in money and lives that such an operation would involve. But I have to admit, this parallels almost exactly the months leading up to the invasion of Iraq -- Bush talks to the people of the country in his State of the Union and affirms that we think they are ruled by a corrupt government, a UN watchdog reports the country, the country maintains its right to do what it wants and makes threats... all that's left is blowing stuff up. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if there were bombings and missile attacks against Iran, but I cannot imagine trying to invade that country. Its several times the size of Iraq and has a better military and most of the "insurgents" in Iraq are probably funded if not supplied from Iran anyway. So... no matter what happens things are probably going to get ugly in Iran pretty soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still holding out for the Israeli Air Force to do some precision work like they did to Iraq in the 80s. I kinda have a feeling the U.S. would like that as well. But I guess we'll see.

RJ said...

Nice! This post was totally readable during breakfast.